One of the most common complaints seen at our clinic is pain and stiffness of the thoracic spine. Treatment is aimed at relieving pain, restoring range of movement and returning you to full function during work, social or sporting based activities.
Prompt chiropractic treatment facilitates a significantly quicker recovery. Additionally, a delay in seeking treatment can result in a greater risk of developing a protracted and ongoing complaint. Although pain levels can be high, most cases do not have a serious pathological cause. However, it is common for Thoracic Spinal Pain to re-occur, with approximately 60-80% of sufferers experiencing a recurrence within two years. It is important for you to seek and receive appropriate Chiropractic treatment and management, allowing speedy recovery and presentation of re-occurrences.
Your chiropractor will take a thorough history and a physical exam. After the assessment, your Chiropractor will develop a plan to correct the underlying problems. These will be explained to you and treatment will start.
Chiropractic treatment for Thoracic Spinal Pain may include:
- Spinal Adjustment and manipulation to help relieve pain and improve function.
- Soft tissue treatment with Active Release Techniques to help reduce muscle tension, pain and improve blood flow.
- Shockwave Therapy for long-standing or chronic pain situations.
- Pain management & advice on pain relief strategies.
- Hot and cold packs to reduce pain and stiffness.
- Patient education by teaching and prescribing home exercise programs to assist in recovery and prevent re-occurrence.
- Exercise prescription to stretch and strengthen the muscles of the back, shoulders, stomach and to help increase your flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Rehabilitation is very important to prevent the pain from becoming chronic. Many patients are relieved from their Thoracic Spinal Pain after a few visits and some patients benefit in maintaining Chiropractic care regularly because it keeps their bodies in optimum condition.
- Ergonomic Advice for home and the workplace.
Chiropractors are a key healthcare professional to treat Thoracic Spinal Pain. If you or someone you know has experienced this condition, please think of seeing us so we can assist you. For appointments, please book online or call our Sydney city clinic at 02 8964 6997.
Active Muscle and Spine is a premier musculoskeletal treatment center located on Pitt St in Sydney CBD, near Martin Place and opposite Angel Pl.